Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE)
This blog post is for Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE). It includes examples of modifications and the purpose is to demonstrate how it is possible to facilitate and affect the tremor response as it moves through the body. Please note however that it is not intended to be instructions for precise movements for all individuals. Also, If you would like a guided approach or are using these Tension and Trauma releasing exercises to reduce Tension and Trauma symptoms, you should contact a certified provider here: https://traumaprevention.com/tre-provider-list/
Tension And Trauma Releasing Exercises’ (TRE):
- Take some deep abdominal breaths.
- Standing with feet hip-width apart, stretch your ankles, alternately roll to the sides of the feet – do this 7-8 times. Stop and shake it out.
- Standing on one foot (balancing with your other hand against a wall or tree), alternately lift yourself up and down on that foot until the pain intensity is a 6 or 7 on a scale of 1-10 – do this 7 times. Stop and do the other side.
- Standing up with your right leg back and your left leg forward. Sitting the hips back like you’re sitting into a chair. Fatiguing your left leg. Stop when the fatigue gets to 7 on a scale from 0 to 10. Shake it out and do the other side.
- Wide Astride–jump feet wide apart and ensure your weight is on the outside of your feet; bend over from the hinge that is your hip and allow your body to hang. Take 3 breaths. Walk your hands over to one foot. Take 3 breaths. Walk hands back to centre and then to other foot. Take 3 breaths. Walk hands back to centre, then hang through your legs. Take 3 breaths.
- With legs hip-width apart, bending the knees slightly. Place hands on the back of your hips and press your hips forward. Take 3 breaths. Rotate your spine looking towards your left elbow. Take 3 breaths and rotate to the right. Rotate back to the centre and take 3 breaths.
- Chair–Leaning against a wall, slide down into chair pose for 5 minutes; if this get too intense, then slide up until you can finish the 5 minutes. Finish with a standing forward bend as a counterpose.
- Stand on one foot and bend over touching hands to floor; with your other foot up and out of the way and no weight on your hands, squat (i.e. lower your butt)…..until 6-7 pain intensity.
- With feet hip-width apart, place weight on one foot; without moving the hip, twist your body to the opposite side. Repeat on opposite side.
- Lying on the mat, bend legs and place feet together into butterfly pose. Pressing your feet into the mat, use legs to lift your pelvis into the air; Hold for 1 minute.
- Again in butterfly pose, lift legs an inch and hold 1 minute; lift another inch and hold 1 minute, etc. until your legs begin to tremor.; feel free to experiment with the height.
Please watch the following video for visual instructions:
Amandha D Vollmer
BSc, Herbalist, Reiki Master,
Holistic Health Practitioner,
Degree of Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
YumNaturals Emporium Store: https://yumnaturals.store/
Healing with DMSO Book: https://healingwithdmso.com/
Bringing the Wisdom of Nature Education: https://yummy.doctor/
DMSO Products: https://DMSO.store
Support my work by making a donation:
YUM BTC (Bitcoin) – bc1qayv9rjzlpc8hlc0t5d80le8u0g72f5p75570hz
YUM ETH (Ethereum) – 0xD4AE2Ae316435e4e68DC0c5D2131c2252fD9B0c4
1. ADV’s Main Channel: https://t.me/amandhavollmer
2. ADV’s Legal/Lawful Templates Group: https://t.me/HDoT_Templates
3. ADV’s Local Ontario Group: https://t.me/ontarioawake
The website content, including but not limited to blogs, newsletters and videos with Amandha Vollmer are intended for general information only, and are not intended to be a substitute for legal, medical or financial advice, and should not be construed as legal, medical or financial advice applicable to your particular situation. No attorney-client or confidential relationship is or will be formed by use of this website or the contents within.
Posted on September 28, 2021 by Yummy.Doctor